Homemade cinnamon rolls are absolutely delicious. I am sure your family will love them as much as mine does. I shared my chocolate cinnamon rolls with caramel icing with you. I wanted to share this recipe just in case there are some that don’t like chocolate or caramel. The thought of not liking chocolate and caramel is mind blowing, but it happens! ?? We can still be friends.
You can make these ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator or freeze the dough for when you are ready to use it. Or do as I do, and make them the morning of. Just be sure to start early to give them enough time to rise.
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 TBS Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Cups of Flour (more if needed)
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 TBS of Cinnamon (more if you like)
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
Ingredients for the icing
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 3 OZ Cream Cheese
- 1 TBS Butter (softened)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 TBS Milk
- Warm the milk in a small pan until it bubbles. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the butter until it melts. When the butter is melted add the water and let it cool till it is warm.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the warm milk, yeast, white sugar, and salt. Combine those and let it sit to activate the yeast.
- Once the yeast has bubbled add the eggs and 2 cups of flour. Mix well. Using your mixer add in the remaining flour a 1/2 cup at a time. Mixing well as you add in the flour. If the dough is still sticky add more flour. You want it to pull away from the side of the bowl.
- When your dough pulls together put it on a floured surface and knead your dough for 8 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Set one half to the side and roll the other half into a rectangle. Roll to whatever thickness you desire.
- Take your melted butter and spread it onto your dough. Then sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar on your dough- cover it generously.
- Roll your dough up (roll tight) and seal the ends.
- Cut your rolls and place them in a cast iron pan or a cookie sheet. You can use a bread knife to cut your rolls or a piece of thread.
- Pre-Heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Set your pan aside in a warm area, cover, and allow the rolls to rise. I set mine on the back of the stove and use the heat from the stove to help the rolls rise.
- When the cinnamon rolls are ready place them in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. They are finished when they are golden brown on the top. I pull mine out a few minutes early. Just how we like them.
- Make the icing by adding all the icing ingredients together, and enjoy some delicious homemade cinnamon rolls.
I have a few variations of cinnamon rolls that I make. Be sure to check out my Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Icing here. These are super yummy and they make their own icing!
Thank you for stopping by and be sure to come back! Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new recipes!
I love hearing from you, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below.
If you would like to learn more about Our Little Bit of Earth, join me over on my Facebook page @ourlittlebitofearth and on Instagram @r_little_bit_of_earth.
Also, be sure to check out my YouTube videos and don’t forget to hit the like button and subscribe ? Our Little Bit of Earth is our Channel
Copyright 2020, Our Little Bit Of Earth
All images and content are copyright protected. While I love it when you share my content, please do not use my content or images on your own site/page without prior authorization. If you would like to use my images please email me. Sharing and pinning is always appreciated as long as the pins link back to this website and the recipe.
DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: You should assume the owner of this website and/or blog has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection, to any suppliers of goods and services that may be discussed here, and maybe compensated for showing ads or recommending products or services, or linking to the supplier’s website.